When login to Windows XP with limited user right, prompt 'Unable to write to Rbuilder.ini' while closing the report writer.
You're require to add a permission - everyone to the file named rbuilder.ini in C:\Windows
1) go to c:\ Windows , locate the file rbuilder.ini
2) right click properties, under security tab, add in a permission named 'everyone' and allow full access.
Note: if you are unable to find the security tab, perform the following steps:-
1) double click 'My Computer'
2) click Tools -> Folder Options
3) untick Use simple file sharing (recommended)
Before this, please make sure C:\Windows\ got this file 'RBuilder.ini', if not please amend one sample report, and the system will create this file
Login with Administrator Right
1. Go to Start > Run > Type cmd
2. In command prompt window, type cacls C:\Windows\Rbuilder.ini /E /G username:permission
Permission: N - None
R - Read
C - Change
F - Full