Remote Desktop Connection from Client Error: The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your server administrator. This happen only one of the workstation which is using Vista, from the information, their server is using Windows 2000.
Cause: The terminal server might not be able to locate the license server.
1. On the client, navigate to the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing.
2. Click MSLicensing.
3. On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.
4. In the File name box, type mslicensingbackup, and then click Save.
5. If you need to restore this registry key in the future, double-click mslicensingbackup.reg.
6. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion of the MSLicensing registry subkey.
7. Close Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
When the client is restarted, the missing registry key is rebuilt.
If after reboot, still prompt the same error message.
For Vista, please check
- Start - Setting - Control Panel - User Account
- Turn off the User Account Control.
- Test the remote connection again.