How QNE Optimum handle non-refundable Deposit with GST?
QNE Optimum provide an additional screen which similar to AR>Receive Payment, name "Deposit"
- Other than the existing fields from AR>Receive Payment, system will provide another field "Tax Code" in the header for user to select, but the system will load the default tax code according to the default priority setting e.g. customer, tax code maintenance
- this entry should also post to Customer>Receive Payment and share the same running number, and will provide a small words "Posted from Deposit" in red color.
- the journal posting for this tranx will be as below:
Dr. Bank/Cash 100.00
Dr. GST from Deposit 5.66 (from GST setting account)
Cr. Debtor 100.00
Cr. GST Output Tax 5.66 (posting ac from the Tax code)
2. In Sales Invoice, system provide another button "Deposit":
- when user click the "Deposit" button, system will provide a screen (similar to knock-off screen but the other way) for users to check which deposit previously already collected.
- and the knock-off of the deposit will be automatically being knock-off as well
- The journal posting for this tranx will be as below: (for example Total invoice amount is 1,000, previous deposit is 100)
Dr. Debtor 1,000.00
Dr. GST Output Tax 5.66
Cr. Sales 943.40
Cr. GST Output Tax 56.60 (posting ac from the Tax code)
Cr. GST from Deposit 5.66 (from GST Setting)
Please refer to this documentation for the GST for Deposit in QnE Optimum :