1. Ensure that the module in File – Module Selection - GST /SST, Item GST/VAT/SST and GST 2015/SST 2018 is already enabled
2. Go to GST/SST
- GST / SST Setting.
- Go to Option Tab
- Tick Enable SST
- Go to Dates / Preset Tab
- Click Update button.
3. A Wizard screen will pop out.
- Select Sales(If your business is related to Sales) or Select Service (If your business is related to Service)
- Define the Sales/Purchase Tax Rate or the Service Tax Rate.
- Click on the OK button
System will : -
i. automatically Create a New Period (in GST Settings by Period tab)
Effective Date From : 01/09/2018
If user select Sales in the Tax Code Update Screen previously,
the default Input Tax =PT-[Tax Rate]% , Output Tax = ST-[Tax Rate]%
example : PT-10%; ST-10%
If user select Service in the Tax Code Update Screen previously,
the default Input Tax = ESVT-[Tax Rate]%, Output Tax = SVT-[TaxRate]%
example: ESVT-6%; SVT-6%
ii. automatically create 4 Account Codes (in General Ledger – Chart of Account)
a. Less: Cost of Sales - SST Purchase Tax
b. Less : Expenses - SST Expenses Service Tax
c. Current Liabilities - SST Sales Tax
d. Current Liabilities – SST Service Tax
iii. automatically create 4 Tax Codes (in GST/SST – Tax Codes)
- Expenses Service Tax
- Purchase Tax
- Sales Tax
- Service Tax
** NOTE : Users are required to Assign the Posting Account manually for each Tax Code
Go to GST – GST Code
Click on the Tax Code and select the corresponding Account and then click Save.
- Expenses Service Tax – (example : ESVT-6%)
Posting Account : SST EXPENSES SERVICE TAX
- Purchase Tax – (example : PT-0%)
Posting Account : SST PURCHASE TAX
- Sales Tax – (example : ST-0%)
Posting Account : SST SALES TAX
- Service Tax – (example : SVT-6%)
Posting Account : SST SERVICE TAX