Open SQL Server Configuration Manager in SQL Server prompt
“Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable”
SQL Server Configuration Manager use Window Management Instrumentation (WMI) to view and change some server settings. When connecting to servers, SQL Server Configuration Manager uses WMI to obtain the status of the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and SQL Server Agent services. This problem occurs because the WMI provider is removed when you uninstall an instance of SQL Server.
This file is located in the %programfiles(x86)% folder.
1. The MOF file (sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof) for your SQL instance is found in "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\nnn\Shared” folder. Determine the location of the mofcomp file for your version using the following table as a reference:
2. Launch CMD as Administrator
3. Change the directory to the folder location from No.1
4. Example:- using Microsoft SQL server 2012 then the command will be as below
5. Then type below command and press ENTER
6. After you run the mofcomp tool, search and launch “Services”
7. Right-click on “Windows Management Instrumentation” and select “Restart”
8. If above steps do not work for you
9. Re-install new Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
** Learn more about Azure Cloud
** Learn more about QNE Hybrid Cloud Software