How do I pay my staff expenses claim using payroll system?
Pay staff claim with claim module implemented in the payroll system easily. Learn how to add, process and pay all your staff claim applications here.
After you have done setting up all the necessary Claim Setting in Cloud Payroll. You are now ready to pay staff claim with claim module in the payroll system. You may refer to "How to Set Up Claim Settings in the Payroll System?" for all necessary settings that need to configure before adding a new claim in the system.
The claim module in Cloud Payroll is specially designed so that each claim application added/received to go through a claim approval process before it is confirmed. HR user can only pay staff claim with claim module that are confirmed when processing payroll.
Submit a Claim Application
In the system, there are 2 ways to submit a claim application and Pay Staff Claim with Claim Module:
- Submit by HR user
- Submit by employee via ESS portal (Employee Self-Service Portal)
HR User to Submit Staff Claim Application for Employee
- Go to Human Resources > Claim > Add to add new claim application for the employees.
- Select the claim’s paying month and employee’s name.
- After that click on the + sign under Claim Items section and select the claim from the list of Claim Type available for the employee’s claim group.
- After you selected the Claim Type, the property of the claim type will appear. HR User needs to fill in all relevant details and upload any necessary files. Click OK to add this claim item.
If there are more than 1 claims and claim type, HR User may continue to click on the + sign to add other claims. Claim Items will be group according to the Claim Type added.
- If there are no more changes, please go to the Approvers section > Click on Add Approver > Select the Approver > click OK to confirm.
- Click Save to save this claim application as DRAFT. You may still make changes or add other claim items before submit for Approval.
- Once you are done adding all claim items, Click on Submit for Approval so that the claim can go through approval and HR User is able to Pay Staff Claim with Claim Module.
Employee submit via ESS Portal
If your package has included ESS portal for your employees. You may invite the employees to login to their own portal and submit their claims via this portal.
- Employee may log in to their own account > go to My Claim Application > Click on New Claim
- Select the Month. Employee Name is automatically selected to the employee’s own name and dimmed.
- Repeat the Process 3-7 from the first Method to submit the claims.
Approve a Claim Application
All claims will need to be approved before HR user may pay staff claim with claim module in the payroll system. Only user that is assigned as the claim approver may view and approve the claim application.
- Go to My Claim Application > mouseover to the ellipsis and click on My Approval.
- Under Waiting My Approval, the approver will see the list of claim application received. Click into the claim application to view the details or approver may response by clicking on the Approve / Reject button.
- Approver may navigate to different claim items and view the details. Approver may also change the approved amount of each claim by typing in the approved amount. After that approver may response to this claim application by clicking on the Approve / Reject button.
If approved, HR user may include this claim and pay staff claim with claim module when they are processing the payroll.
Pay Staff Claim with Claim Module
After the claim application approved, the claims will be added automatically into the payroll of the month.
If the claim was submitted after the payroll is generated (NOT processed yet), you may still clicks on Add Item > Select Claims.
Here, you will be able to select the Approved Claims > Click OK to add this approved claim into the payroll.
The claim has been added and user may now pay staff claim with claim module and process the claim in the payroll system.