With Billing Approval Module, user may now monitor and review the company's transaction documents before allowing it to proceed to the actual transaction, reducing the risk for any possible carelessness and man-made mistakes that could bring to company lost.
In this module, user may setup multiple level approvers for different transaction amount range. With these settings, any transaction documents with amount reaches or exceeding the maximum amount are required to go through an approval process in order to proceed.
Email notifications for these approval requests and its response will also be send to the respective approvers and requestors.
For example, the company requires transaction documents with amount less than RM1000 requires the approval of the senior supervisor level; while transaction amount more than RM1000 needs to go through 2 levels of approval - the senior supervisor level first and then the Managerial level.
User Crimsen creates a purchase order with total amount less than RM 1000. To proceed, the document requires the approval of Ethan, his senior supervisor. If Ethan is not available, another senior supervisor, Alex may also approve or reject the PO.
When Crimsen creates another PO with total amount more than RM 1000, this document needs to go through 2 approval levels - the 1st level, Ethan which is the senior supervisor level, and then 2nd level approver, Joanne, the department manager if approved. When both levels give their approval, the document will be valid to proceed as actual transaction.
USER ROLE SETTINGS
- Go to File > Module
- Tick Billing Approvals Control. Save & Close
- Create new user at Maintenance > Users or Default > Security System User
- Set the role as Purchase and click Email Setting to enter user email information.
- Set the email for the purchaser
- Create two users as Manager and set the role and email
- Create another user as Administrative and set the role and email
BILLING APPROVAL SETTINGS
- Go to Billing Approval > Billing Approval Control
- Allow to Export before Approve = User can export the request documents as pdf or other files even though the request document is not approved by the first and second levels.
- Allow edit before Approve = User can edit then details of request documents before getting the approval from the first level and second level.
- Allow to Transfer before Approval = User can transfer and the request document to other documents even though the request documents are not approved by the first and second levels. For example, if users have a request purchase requisition that needs to get approval and this setting is allowed, they can transfer the purchase requisition to Purchase Order, Goods Received Note or Purchase Invoice.
In this PO example, Allow edit before Approve is recommended to tick to edit
Allow to Export before Approve and Allow to Transfer before Approval is recommended to untick to prevent export and transfer before approve.
- At Billing Approval > Billing Approvals, select Purchase Order
- Enter Approval Level as 1, User Role as Manager, Max Amount Limit as RM 1000.
Ethan is ticked as Default Approver. Alex can replace Ethan for PO approval in case Ethan is not available.
- Set second level approval for PO.
Enter Approval Level as 2, User Role as Administrator, Max Amount Limit as RM 9999.
Tick Allow To View All Transactions to be able to view all PO that have been or still waiting for 1st level to approve or reject.
SCENARIO 1: Amount less than RM 1000
- Create a Purchase Order with amount less than RM 1000.
- Go to Approvals to check the PO status.
It is normal to have all default levels to display in the system.
Since amount less than RM 1000 only requires 1st level approval, system won’t send email to 2nd level.
- Click Save. Click Yes to send email notification to remind upper level for approval.
- Click OK after email has been sent.
LOGIN AS 1st Level Approver
- Once 1st level approver login to the system, click the notification popped out at right corner of the screen.
2. Approver can check the pending document from this screen, Go to Billing Approval > Pending Approvals Inquiry to view pending request documents.
- Include Approved Transactions – When ticked, approved documents in the past will be shown too.
- Include Rejected Transactions – When ticked, rejected documents in the past will be shown too.
- Include Your Created Transactions – When ticked, documents that are created by you and pending approval from higher level will be shown too.
- Go to the particular Purchase Order created by purchaser just now. Tick Approved.
If tick Rejected, please state the Rejected Reason.
After ticked approved, the requester is not allowed to edit or change the document.
- Once 1st level has approved and click save
If the total amount in the PO is less than 1k system will send notification to the requester.
If the total amount in the PO is more than 1k system will send email notification to the 2nd level approver.
- Click OK after email has been sent.
SCENARIO 2: Amount more than RM 1000
- Create another Purchase Order with amount more than RM 1000. Click Save
- Login as Ethan to approve as first level.
- Email will be sent from Ethan to upper level since total amount in the PO is more than 1k.
LOGIN AS 2nd Level Approver
- Go to Billing Approval > Pending Approvals Inquiry to view requesting documents.
Since Allow To View All Transactions is ticked in step 11 above, approvals pending others are shown too.
- 2nd level can approve or reject pending documents
- Click Save. Click Yes to send email notification to remind the requester.
- Click OK after email has been sent. The email notification will send to requestor once 2nd level has approved
Settings in Pending Approvals Inquiry
- When Include Approved Transactions is ticked, approved documents in the past will be shown.
- When Include Rejected Transactions is ticked, rejected documents in the past will be shown.
- After creating a PO and ticked Include Your Created Transactions, documents that are created by you and pending approval from others will be shown.
Right click at column and click Column Chooser
User can drag these 2 columns, Has Approved & Has Rejected to see the status of this approval status.
If the approve is fully complete then only it will display ✔️
In Approvals, right click at column and click Column Chooser
User can drag this column, Max Amount Limit to show the approver max amount