After having new PC and new user,
User requests to connect workstations to the server
So that the users can successfully login the database in workstation PCs
Get Server Name
Right click This PC, go to Properties > Computer Name
Get Server IP Address
* Please ensure IP address in server is static IP
Right click Network > Properties > Ethernet >Details > IPv4 Address
- Type cmd in windows search icon and run it
2. Enter ipconfig in command prompt
Click to open Database wizard
2. Click on Append
3. Wait a few moments when it is loading to automatically connect to server name. It is usually in PC name\QNEBSS format.
4. You may use dropdown icon to search
5. If cannot find, manually key in server name.
Try methods below:
6. Use the dropdown icon to search for database.
7. Select database > Test connection > click OK
If database cannot be found, please refer to the link below:
How to Fix SQL Server Connection Error
8. Key in the IP address in QLS server.
9. Save and Close. The database in workstation has been connected to the server.