While creating a company, the database cannot be found with the error message below:
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26-Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
What is the Server Setting for Network Connection ?
You may refer the link above for the knowledge base solution.
If still not working, please refer with the solution below.
- Click OK on the error message.
- Go to Internet access icon location at right below of the screen
- Right click the icon > Open Network & Internet settings
- For Windows 10 and above, Go to Sharing options
For Windows 8 and below, Go to Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings
- Go to All Networks. Dropdown additional settings.
- Go to Password protected sharing. It is turnd on as default.
- Turn it off and Save changes.
- The database will be found after the changes.