Batch Number Module allows users to control the purchase and selling of their stock in batches. It is especially useful for product items that have an expiration date or will depreciate over a certain time period, such as food products and medicine.
User may create stock items in batches and select stock batches that need to be cleared out first in any product transactions. They may even plan for promotion campaigns based on stock batches using Batch Number Module.
For example, 100 boxes of Panadols tablets can be purchased together as a batch and sold using the same batch number.
- Go to File > Module
- Tick Batch Number. Save & Close
- Create a stock item at Stock > Stock Item
Tick Use Batch No
- Create a Purchase Invoice. Select the supplier and stock created just now.
- System will prompt a table automatically for you to enter Batch No, Description, Manufacturing Date and Expired Date in Stock In. Update Reference 1 and Reference 2 if there is any (Optional) Click OK.
System will prompt this table in all transactions of Purchase Module except Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order.
- Enter QTY and price. Save.
- Create a Sale Invoice. Select the supplier and stock created just now.
- You can tick and update the OUT QTY manually so that system will deduct QTY from the particular batch.
- Or you can use the other method which tick Automatically Allocate Qty and enter QTY instead of ticking one by one in Stock Out. System will automatically update the batch number and QTY. Click OK.
System will automatically allocate batch item according to the quantity and older date created.
- Go to Inquiry > Batch No. Transaction Inquiry. You can check the particular batch number ledger
- Select batch item and date. Click Inquiry to show quantity in, out and balance.
- Go to View > Reports > Stock Reports > Batch Number.
There are three reports available. Select date and click Preview.
- Batch No. Balance Details allow you to know the balances bring forward of the batch, total IN QTY and total OUT QTY with in the period.
Outdated QTY is the quantity according to the unsalable period. Default is 6 months.
When Date To is 01/02/2022, it is more than 6 months to 31/8/2022, outdated QTY does not show.
When Date To is 01/03/2022, it is less than 6 months to 31/8/2022, outdated QTY will be show.
- Stock Ledger in Quantity by Batch No. Report shows all transaction details of batch item
- Near Expiry Items Report shows all batch items with expiry date
Tick Expired In shows all nearly expired batch items in number of months so that the company can make any arrangement if necessary.
System Option Settings
- Go to Maintenance > System Option > Sales > Tick Allow Scan Batch No.
Create a sale invoice. Enter Batch No at Bar Code Input. Batch Item will be shown without selecting stock code.
Batch Number Settings
Default Unsalable Period (Months) is 6 months.
When User Default Unsalable Period is ticked in Stock Items, it will refer to the setting in Batch Number Setting which is 6 months.
Or you may define own Unsalable Period by unticking Use Default Unsalable Period. For example, 8 months.
Allow Negative Batch No. allows transactions where there is not enough balance for the batch item.
For example, Batch No AS 100 has 0 balance, sales invoices is allowed to stock out 1 or above quantity.
Block Negative Batch No. does not allow transactions where there is not enough balance for the batch item.
For example, Batch No AS 100 has 0 balance, sales invoices is not allowed to stock out 1 or above quantity.
Warning Negative Batch No. warns transactions where there is not enough balance for the batch item.
For example, Batch No AS 100 has 0 balance, sales invoices is warned to stock out 1 or above quantity.
Click Continue to save the transaction.
Tick Compulsory Select Batch No. Batch Number cannot be empty. There will be error prompted when save.
Tick Compulsory Enter Expiry Date
When expired date is empty, system will prompt error message.
Tick Compulsory Enter Manufacturing Date
When manufacturing date is empty, system will prompt error message.
Untick Allow Duplicate Batch Number
For example, a batch number AS 100 has been created before and exists.
Same Batch Number is not allowed to be duplicate.
Tick Allow Duplicate Batch Number
Same Batch Number can be created again.
Untick Hide 0 Balance Batch Number
There is also dropdown icon to select previous created batch number.
Batch Number with 0 balance are shown too.
Untick Hide 0 Balance Batch Number
Batch Number with 0 balance does not show in dropdown column.
Change Stock Batch No. Click Inquiry to view all batch numbers.
Change batch number from AS 100 to AS 105
Batch Number Updated
User Roles Settings
In Maintenance > User Roles, there are two permission settings about batch number.
Tick Allow Create Stock Batch Number
In Purchase Module, user can create new stock number.
Untick Allow Create Stock Batch Number
In Purchase Module, user can only select from existing batch number and cannot create new batch number.
Tick Allow Select (In) Batch Number
In Purchase Module, users can select one of the existing batch number.
Untick Allow Select (In) Batch Number
When users select an existing batch number, system will prompt an error message.