After updating the user name and password in the login screen system prompts “QLS connection failed! Please make sure QLS running and verify your QLS server IP/port number.
Error Details: The host failed to connect. Timeout occurred
Solution – Database at QNE Cloud Server
If your database is hosted at QNE Cloud Server, just like the sample below
Please check the Antivirus program on the computer. Basically, it has been blocking the connection.
You can try to turn off the Antivirus program first and see whether can log in or not. The turn-off step is just to determine if the blocking is caused by the Antivirus program. If you can log in after turning it off means you need to add an exclusion in the Antivirus program.
Besides, you may check the Firewall in the computer as well.
Turn off or add exceptions in the Firewall as well
Solution – Database at Local Area Network Environment
If your database is stored at the server (LAN), just like the sample picture below, the system will show the server’s name \ followed by QNEBSS.
Then you need to
- Turn off / add an exclusion in the Antivirus program
- Add exclusion for QLS in the server
We understand that different Antivirus program has a different setting. We provide the guidelines here for Avast & Avira Antivirus program
Steps to add an exclusion in Avast Antivirus Program
To set an exclusion folder from all scans and shields
- Open Avast Antivirus.
- Go to Settings > General > Exclusions
- On the File Paths click Browse > select QNE Folder > Click Open >QNE Folder added in list. (For example, C:\QNE Business Solutions)
- Click OK to save your setting.
Note: If you still fail to add this you can select C:\QNE Business Solutions\Bin\Winapp.exe
Steps to add an exclusion in Avira Antivirus Program
To set an Exclusion files/folder from all scan and shield
- Open Avira Antivirus.
- Click Configuration > Turn on Expert Mode
3. Click the + symbol next to Scanner to expand the menu > click the + symbol next to Scan to expand the menu > Click Exceptions > Click …button and select QNE folder and Click OK > Click ADD >> button to add folder in the exceptions list.
4. Click the + symbol next to Realtime Protection to expand the menu > click the + symbol next to Scan to expand the menu > Click Exceptions > Click …button and select QNE folder and Click OK > Click ADD >> button to add folder in the exceptions list.
5. Click "Apply”
6. Click "OK" to close the Configuration window
Click here to refer to the attachment